Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rhetorical Analysis

I'm new to all of this so I hope I did this right...

When reading the assignment and trying to figure out exactly what was expected of me, the first movie that came to mind was "American History X." It's a great movie that kept me thinking long after the end credits were finished. I watched it 3 times in a little over 24 hours and found myself trying to analyze every bit of it. Why did the main characters turn out the way they did? Why are people so horrendously racist?

The movie took a strong stance on racism and conveyed this stance through graphic scenes and a lot of dialogue from the rhetor, who was telling a story about his brother, Derek. If the story were to have been told from a different point of view or with a different attitude it would not have had the same affect and the powerfulness of the story may not have been as strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment